I found this interesting entry about YPN Ad Targeting, so I thought many of you might like to take a gander. Listed below are some points that might help, and I am going to interject a brief thought on how to accomplish the task!
How To Improve YPN Ad Targeting – advice from Cody Simms of Yahoo at PubCon, Day 2
- Try to integrate keywords into the URL – You can do this using Permalinks.
- Use strong anchor text keywords on pages that LINK TO the page with the Yahoo ad – Using anchor text is important in search engine optimization as well. Make sure that your ALT tag is filled.
- Description text that immediately follows the page links is also looked at the determine context.
- If you don’t update the site often, add some dynamic elements to the page to encourage the Yahoo bot to revisit.
- For pages that are constantly changing, use their category targeting.
- If you are using meta keywords, make sure they appear in the content as well. If not, they look like spam!