Microblogging is on the rise at a rapid rate right now. If you don’t believe me go to Alexa.com and look up the stats for Twitter.com. I think you would be hard pressed to argue after what you will see. Based on this I think it is a good idea to provide readers with real information that they can use to their advantage. If I’m just giving you trivia info, we are both wasting our time.
So here are 5 great microblog practices that every microblogger should be using. These apply to any and all that microblog, whether you are simply giving play by play announcements of your day (you would be amazed at the number of followers Twitter accounts like this have) or you are using it like some airline companies and updating customers with real-time information.
5 Top Microblog Practices
1. Add your Pownce feed to your Tumblr account so you only have to post once. Pownce outputs an RSS feed and Tumblr allows for direct RSS submission. And use Twitterfeed.com to add it to your Twitter account. Twitterfeed.com allows you to auto post to Twitter from an RSS feed.
2. Use Tools to find friends and followers. There are two other applications that I really like that will help you expand your network: Twubble – which looks at your friend’s friends and recommends other people you could follow. Twits Like Me – which looks at your updates and finds other people talking about the same thing. Find others like you and follow them. You can find both of these tools at www.WebWorkerDaily.com.
3. TwitThis: Let others use their Twitter accounts to spread the word about you. With this handy little tool they can share what they find on your site with an automatically created short url and their own description right from your blog posts. Find it at: http://twitthis.com/
4. Stay on Top of Your Twitter: I recommend using Twhirl, found at www.twhirl.com. Twhirl creates widget like plugin for your desktop. You can update and configure various items, and monitor multiple accounts at the same time from Twitter without your browser. You can also update your Pownce account directly from Twhirl simultaneously.
5. And Last but Not Least: Remember to reciprocate the follow. Try to follow others that are following you. It simply builds good repoire.
If you aren’t microblogging yet, you should be. It’s fun, easy, quick, painless, and best of all it is a great way to socialize with customers in ways never before possible. And customers across the world are eating it up!